Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Academic Resources Fair - Thursday, August 28th

The Academic Resources Fair is your opportunity to understand the range of academic resources available to you as a Columbia student. Faculty representatives from every academic department and program will attend. You may ask specific questions, obtain program information and materials, and learn about upcoming academic events.


ACADEMIC RESOURCES FAIR
Thursday, August 28th
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Alfred Lerner Hall
Roone Arledge Auditorium


Some questions to ask at the Academic Resources Fair:

  • **What are some useful first courses to take so I can become familiar with this field of study and department? When should I take them?
  • **Given my background, at what level should I begin my study of this subject? (Be prepared to describe your familiarity with the subject.)
  • **Are there important prerequisites that I should take now so that I am prepared to declare this major in my sophomore year?
  • **What undergraduate research or professional opportunities exist in the department? What careers do graduates follow?


0 comments: